List of State Museums in Venice, Free Entrance on the First Sunday of the Month
According to a special law of July 2014 all State Museums in Italy are visitable for free on the first Sunday of each month. We at Ca’Leon d’Oro are glad to propose to all our guest the list of State Museums in Venice, they’re all incredible gems you can now enjoy for free:
- Giorgio Franchetti Gallery at the Ca’ d’Oro, which exhibits the important art collection of Baron Giorgio Franchetti, inside one of the world’s most famous Venetian palaces, the Ca’d’Oro.
- Accademia Galleries, which exhibits works of inestimable value, among them paintings by Carpaccio, Giorgione, Veronese, Tintoretto, Titian, Tiepolo, Canaletto, Guardi, Bellotto, Longhi.
- Archaeological Museum of Venice, which holds a large collection of antiquities right in St. Mark’s Square
- Oriental Art Museum at Ca’ Pesaro, which shows an impressive collection of works of Oriental art (mainly Japanese and Chinese), for a total of about 30,000 pieces
- Grimani Palace Museum in Santa Maria Formosa, with its unique rooms with 1500 frescoes
- Monumental Rooms at the Marciana National Library, which give the opportunity to know the beauty of the ancient Library of St. Mark’s Square
and in Venice Mainland, reachable by car:
- National Museum of Villa Pisani – Stra (VE)
- Archeological Museum of Quarto d’Altino (VE)
- Archeological Museum Concordiese – Portogruaro (VE)
- Paleochristian Church of Concordia Sagittaria (VE)
One more reason to plan your holiday in Venice on the first weekend of every month, enjoy Italian culture and art for free, we at Ca’Leon d’Oro will take care of your stay!
Hotel in Venice near the Accademia Galleries
Five minutes walk from Ca’Leon d’Oro, you cross the Accademia Bridge on the Grand Canal and you canvisit the near Accademia Galleries, one of the most important museums in Venice. In the Galleries you can admire masterpieces of Italian art, mainly belonging to Venetian painters from XIV to XVIII century, among them: Giorgione, Giovanni Bellini, Vittore Carpaccio, Cima Da Conegliano, Tintoretto, Tiziano, Guardi, Longhi, but also Lotto, Mantegna, Piero della Francesca.
Sculptures and original drawings are exhibited too. Among them one of the most famous icons in the world, the original drawing of the Vitruvian Man by Leonardo Da Vinci (only showed in special occasions).
Besides the permanent collection, the Accademia Galleries always propose important temporary art exhibitions.
All art lovers are welcome at Ca’Leon d’Oro for their stay in Venice!
Hotel in Venice for the Art Exhibitions at Fortuny Palace
The Fortuny Palace in Venice is a gothic building, located in the Saint Mark’s Sestiere. The palace was built in the last years of XV century by the aristocratic family Pesaro, who lived in there until XVIII century when they moved to the actual Ca’ Pesaro, today become one of themost famous museums in Venice. The last owner of Fortuny Palace was the Catalan artist (then become Italian) Mariano Fortuny y Madrazo (Granada, 11 May 1871 – Venezia, 3 May 1949); he was famous as a painter, stylist and scenographer. The name of this palace remained strongly connected with its last owner after his death and became an important museum too in 1975. Today the museum is part of the Civic Museums of Venice and constantly proposes high level art exhibitions.
Sestiere San Marco, 3958
Tel +39 041 5200995
Ca’Leon d’Oro is the ideal Hotel in Venice for those who wish to stay near Saint Mark’s Square and Rialto and enjoy all the main attractions of the town, among them Fortuny Palace. Contact us directly then, ask for our best offer, we always guarantee a special treatment for direct reservations!
Offer Hotel in Venice for The Secret Itineraries of the Doge’s Palace in St. Mark’s Square
The Doge’s Palace (Palazzo Ducale) where The Serenissima Republic Of Venice was governed by the supreme authority of the Doge, is one of the main landmarks of the power and magnificence of Venice; masterpiece of Venetian Gothic style, the Doge’s Palace joins St. Mark’s Square with the Bridge of Sighs (Ponte dei Sospiri).
The Palace can be visited only with the help of an expert guide through the different accessible itineraries and now through the Secret Itinerary too. You can enjoy an exclusive and fulfilling experience by accessing rooms and halls previously forbidden to the public, secret passages and mysterious paths, and admire uncountable paintings and frescoes of famous artists such us Veronese, Bosch, Tintoretto and many others.
You need to book your visit to the Secret Itinerary, the tour is accompanied by a specialized guide, fees apply. The timetable is:
In Italian language at 9.30 and 11.10
In English language at 9.55, 10.45, and 11.35
In French language at 10.20 and 12.00
Contact us directly to book your holiday in Venice in a Charming Hotel near St. Mark’s Square, tell us you want to visit The Secret Itineraries of the Doge’s Palace, we will provide you with our best deal and our special treatment for direct reservations! We will also help you to book this incredible and unforgettable experience at Doge’s Palace!